January 9, 2008

Ken Johnson's mayoral website gone

Though Republican mayoral hopeful Ken Johnson said within hours of the polls closing after his unsuccessful bid for the city's top job last year that he's already running for the 2009 campaign, his website has vanished.
In its place is a notice saying that the site has been suspended because bills haven't been paid.

*******
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

15 comments:

Bob Boudreau said...

Steve -

It is not unusual that someone would let a "hosting package" lapse on a domain name that is not currently in use.

As long as the domain is still registered a new hosting package can be purchased at anytime.

I think saying that the account has been suspended "because bills haven't been paid" might be considered misleading.

The notice that is listed is a very standard notice that hosting companies place on website where the owner has chosen to let the service lapse.

Steve Collins said...

True, Bob, but if Ken Johnson is running for mayor already, why would the website ever be down? We're not talking serious money here. Heck, even I can afford to operate a handful of websites without blinking.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he needs another contract with the city.

Or is that the reason he is running: he needs the money?

Anonymous said...

Maybe he needs to form a new campaign committee before he can legally host a 2009 website.

get with the program and stop harassing businessmen who work for the city and do an honorable job.

Anonymous said...

Slow news day Steve? Did you find any unpaid parking tickets that he hasn’t paid?
Maybe his subscription to Sports Illustrated has lapsed also. Or maybe his thoughts are that the website was ineffective and not the medium he wants to use to get his message out. In any case what is newsworthy about it?

Anonymous said...

I knew stephen was a nice guy and wouldn't kick someone when they were down ...... NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Collins said...

Ken Johnson is not down. And he's not out.
What I'm not sure about is whether he's really a candidate or not.

Anonymous said...

Steve Collins said...
Ken Johnson is not down.


Yeha .... right .... i'm sure he's thrilled to have lost the mayoral election to such a worthy opponent.

Anonymous said...

Who does work for the City???
Who does an honorable job???
Get real.

Really, what has he done????
Other than take the citys money?

In addition, he lost a campaign that he should have won.

Anonymous said...

It isn't newsworthy that his site is down or that the site hasn't been paid for another cycle. He would have to pay for it out of campaign money and if he hasn't established a new campaign, then there wouldn't be any money for it.

Anonymous said...

Based on some limited experience, I'd be slow to agree that this is a "very standard notice." Most of the reputable hosting services I've worked with get their fees upfront. If you don't renew, they pull the plug. This seems like a heavy handed attempt to hold onto subscribers.

Anonymous said...

So he has announced but has done nothing about it
.
The man gets curiouser and curiouser as time goed by.

Any explanation Ken?

Bob Boudreau said...

I would fully agree with poster at 7:46p....

"This seems like a heavy handed attempt to hold onto subscribers." I just didn't think I had the correct verbage to express what I was feeling.

Thanks for expressing what I could not.

KAREN said...

STEVE,
I WORK FOR KEN JOHNSON, I PERSONALLY CANCELLED THE WEBSITE. AT THIS POINT THERE IS NO NEED FOR A WEBSITE, WHEN IT IS DECIDED TO PUT THE NEW AND IMPROVED SITE UP IM SURE YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO TALK ABOUT IT. BRISTOL MUST BE VERY BORING TO YOU IF YOU ARE WRITTING THIS KIND OF GARBAGE. HAVE A NICE DAY!

Anonymous said...

Is his Web Site back up yet?