September 15, 2007

Geladino introduces himself

To the voters of Bristol:

My name is Joe Geladino, and I am running for City Council in the Second District.

I was born and raised in Bristol. I attended St. Anthony’s Catholic School, Greene‑Hills Grammar School, and Bristol Eastern High School. I served in the United States Army, 9th Infantry, and completed a thirteen-month tour of duty in Viet Nam. After my discharge from the Army I returned to Bristol, where I lived with my widowed father and later married and started my own family. I started a concrete business and then a building and development company, which I still operate. I also worked at New Departure in Bristol and retired from the General Motors plant in Tarrytown, NY.

I want to see Bristol run like a business, as it was many years ago. We need a good business management team, people who can work together despite any political or philosophical differences, and function as effective businessmen and women. Bristol cannot continue to be run by career politicians who only serve their time in office here as a stepping stone to loftier personal and political goals.

Bristol needs to get moving forward and finish up projects that have been stalled for so many years. We need to make Bristol a place we can all afford to live in, and this means carefully managing how our tax dollars are being spent. We cannot continue to give in to every request and special interest. We need to unburden ourselves of costly real estate and put it back into the hands of private individuals and businesses where it will once again be added to the city’s tax base.

Bristol is our home town – YOUR home town. Your contribution to my campaign will help put Bristol first. Please make your contribution to “Joseph Geladino for City Council” and mail it to 23 Kory Lane, Bristol, CT 06010. I hope to also have your vote on election day, November 6th. Remember, this is not a popularity contest – this is business. Bristol is YOUR business!

Sincerely,
Joe Geladino

*******
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to save my money for the Ocean State closeout sale. Sorry Joe.

Anonymous said...

Joe keeps touting his "business" experience but I can't find any reference to his company either online or on his website. Anybody know its name and what town it's in?

Anonymous said...

Go Joe GO!

You have my vote!

Anonymous said...

What is it with "Hit and Go Joe"? He drops off these little essays and never responds when I ask for more detail. But boy does he ever rip into the City Council when they don't give him the answer he wants, when he wants it. Does he even own a computer?

Anonymous said...

To “Anonymous” –
I didn’t know owning a computer was a criterion for running for City Council. Yes, I own a computer, but I don’t sit in front of it 24 hours a day. Sorry if I’m not answering your questions fast enough.
Being a builder and land developer, I do business in several towns in the Bristol area. If you’d like more information about me or my business, please feel free to call me. I don’t screen my calls (I don’t even have caller ID) and would be happy to have a conversation with you. I’m not afraid to give my name when I have something to say – I don’t hide behind anonymity.
Thank you -- Joe G.

Anonymous said...

Joe, Your right! The person who said you didnt respond should get a life! Some of us accually have to work for a living and can't sit at the blog all day! Must be another bitter Zoppo supporter! One down, now just her puppets to go! JOE....CLEAN HOUSE THIS NOV.!