April 22, 2010

City plans fireworks show in June

The city is aiming to celebrate its 225th birthday with a bang.
More accurately, it’s angling for a lot of explosions overhead with a big fireworks show downtown.
The city’s 225th Anniversary Committee is trying to raise $12,000 to pay for a fireworks display June 12 on the former mall site on North Main Street.
The committee has been asking businesses, organizations and residents to assist with the expense. CLICK HERE FOR STORY

*******
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Thanks for bringing Bristol back to life guys!

A Proud Bristolite said...

9:12AM, I Couldn't Agree With You More...Bristol Is CELEBRATING 225 YEARS and That's A BIG DEAL For Our City...Let's Put ALL Our Judgements Aside and Enjoy The Fireworks in June and Have An "Attitude of Gratitude"!☺

Anonymous said...

9:12, 4:44 - AMEN! Let's party!

me too said...

I applaud the idea to have everyone kick in to the donations for this so that it doesn't come out of our taxes - I'm sending my donation - how about you?

Anonymous said...

If only I had some money...I'd spend it on food, electricity, gas...not fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Awww poor wittle 11:17 PM. No money? How vewy, vewy sad...