Thank you for the list of mandates which the state has placed on the City of
- In the area of Special Education, is it anticipated that savings will be made through the reduction or elimination of current programs? If so, which programs will be affected and what will the effect be on the students currently enrolled in them? For instance, will they be mainstreamed into other classes?
- In the area of Adult Education, are savings anticipated through a reduction or elimination of GED or related classes, and what effect will this have on people currently in these classes?
- In the area of English Language Learners, is it anticipated that savings will be made by reducing or eliminating classes for individuals attempting to learn English, and what is the expected effect of these cuts?
- In the area of Continuing Education for teachers, is this cost simply the result of a state mandate, or is this included in the contract which the city currently has with its teachers? In other words, would the elimination of this mandate itself bring a savings to the city, or would
- In the area of providing transportation for non-public school students, it is probably safe to assume that the elimination of this service will lead at least a few parents to enroll their children in public schools. How many additional students do you foresee coming into the public school system, and how much is being budgeted for this contingency?
- Finally, in the area of Teacher/Administrator evaluations, is it your plan that
Thank you for work and dedication to the schoolchildren of our city. I look forward to your responses to me questions.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at email@example.com