December 11, 2007

No school building committee members named

City Councilor Ken Cockayne said the West Bristol School Building Committee will formally ask for two appointees to fill vacancies before the January council meeting.
So, for now, we don't know what's up with Ken Johnson and Ellen Zoppo.
Correct me if I'm wrong, someone, but I think the committee held a subcommittee meeting last week that consisted of Cockayne, school board member Chris Wilson and perhaps Board of Finance member Don Soucy.
That meeting picked Zoppo and Johnson.
But I guess the full committee hasn't ratified the choices, which may be why it didn't come up. I have another theory, too, but I'll keep that one to myself until I hear more.

*******
Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Zoppo works for the Boys Club, wouldn't it be a conflict to be on the school committee since the Boys Club will be effected by this decision?

Anonymous said...

I think you should go with your other theory, Steve. Its probably the same one we all think it is.

Anonymous said...

Not enough of a moron factor for these two to get appointed in the Ward administation.

Anonymous said...

not sure what the boys club angle is in relation to Zoppo - can someone explain?

Anonymous said...

take a look at the meeting, the three members of the selection committee, all republicans, conducted an illegal meeting - they didn't post the meeting as required - whose the morons?

Anonymous said...

Meeting was not posted so therefore its not legal.

Anonymous said...

I do not believe that the full committee has to ratify: the nominating committee reccomends to the mayor, who brings the names before the council.

Anonymous said...

the nominating committe recommends to the city council not the mayor