July 23, 2007

Press releases

For those who are wondering, the spate of press releases that I've been posting is a pretty new thing in Bristol politics. In years past, I almost never saw a press release from any Bristol politician.
This spring, though, Mayor William Stortz started issuing them all the time.
Why? I have no idea. I figured it just meant he planned to run for office again. Shows what I know.
With the advent of this blog, there are probably even more releases than there were before, since politicians know at least a few voters will see them on here, even if there's never a story in the paper itself. That's okay by me.
I do want to say, however, that I'm not promising to stick every press release online. If anyone wants that, they should make a website and post stuff there as much as they like.

*******
Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: