July 19, 2007

Letizia backs Veits

To: DTC members
From: John Letizia
Subject: Endorsement for City Treasurer

I respectfully withdraw my request to be the DTC’s endorsed candidate for City Treasurer.

On May 31, 2007, I notified Chairman Kilbourne that I was interested in the position. I also told him that if a DTC member requested the endorsement, I would withdraw my request. I’m sure Dean will confirm that I asked him to communicate to me immediately if a DTC member stepped forward. I believe a DTC member should have preference over a non-member and I had also promised my family that I would not get involved in any controversy by competing for the endorsement.

On June 12, 2007, I emailed all DTC members and requested the endorsement. I also attended the June, 2007 DTC meeting to introduce myself and personally ask for your support. I appreciate the courtesies you extended to me that evening.

Dean called me on Monday, July 16, 2007 to inform me that Bill Veits decided to seek the endorsement. Therefore, as I promised, I am withdrawing my request.

I know Bill Veits and I think he has the capabilities to be an outstanding City Treasurer. He is also a fine gentleman. Please support his candidacy so that he can win the election and begin his service as Treasurer.

Again, thank you for your courtesy.

Respectfully,
John Letizia

*******
Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: