July 27, 2007

Minor and Zoppo on Facebook

Most candidates these days have websites -- or should -- but not everybody's with it enough to also be on Facebook or MySpace, where the younger crowd gathers online.
But Democratic mayoral nominee Ellen Zoppo and city Councilor Craig Minor have staked out turf on Facebook, at least, thanks in part no doubt to Minor's extraordinarly capable daughter.
Minor for Council's Facebook page has 13 friends, including his wife, Laura, and daughter Natalie, a former Tattoo writer who has a very cool job working for none other than Facebook.
On the page, which includes a few pictures, Minor wrote in May that he "formally announced at the Bristol Democratic Town Committee meeting that I am running for re-election. I talked about the Board of Education plan to convert all of Bristol's schools to the K-8 system (let me know what you think of this!), and my work as a member of the Bristol Development Authority to bring more businesses to Bristol. In later statements I will talk about my work on the environment, housing, neighborhood preservation, and open government. What issues do you think Bristol voters care about and want to hear my positions on?"
The only comment that anyone's posted so far is from Natalie, who described the all K-8 schools idea as "stupid."
There is one intriguing tidbit there, however.
Minor posted at one point about a photo that he said showed"me on the left, with my fellow city councilmember Kevin McCauley next to me, Jack Pumpkinhead next to him (I won't tell you which politician that is!), and my other fellow city councilmember and now candidate for Mayor, Ellen Zoppo."
Unfortunately, the photo is no longer there.
So who, exactly, is "Jack Pumpkinhead"? All guesses are fair until Minor fesses up.
The Ellen for Mayor Facebook page was created by Laura Minor and has 22 friends to date. There's nothing too intriguing there except that Zoppo herself is one of the members. She has only one Facebook friend at this point, Laura Minor, so we know she's not too into the whole thing... yet.



*******
Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Minor's daughter should run for city council - she appears to have the brains in the family.