July 13, 2007

Mayor, Ken Johnson clash

Someone on the usually interesting bristolct.net discussion board asked today a reasonable question: why hasn't the Press had a story on the squabble between Mayor Stortz and Ken Johnson on the CL&P streetlighting refund issue? The answer is: we will -- soon -- but I want to make sure I have both sides nailed down and the relevant facts sorted out. This is one of the times that I'd rather be thorough on a story than first, much as I generally prefer a scoop.
I understand, though, that with the Republicans picking a mayoral candidate Tuesday night, there's some urgency involved in getting a story in the paper.
As long as I've said this much, if anyone has anything they'd like to say to me for my stories on this issue, drop me a note this morning or early afternoon. I'm keen to learn more.

*******
Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: