December 18, 2008

Larson sympathic to employees dumped by Aetna today

Press release from U.S. Rep. John Larson, the East Hartford Democrat whose 1st District includes Bristol:

LARSON EXPRESSES SUPPORT FOR LAID OFF AETNA EMPLOYEES
 
Hartford, CT -- Congressman John B. Larson (CT-01) responded to Aetna’s announcement of layoffs in their Connecticut offices this week.
“My sympathies and support are with the laid off employees of Aetna.  In these daunting economic times, the task of recovering from a job loss can seem overwhelming.  I want to reassure every citizen in Connecticut’s First District who has lost their job that I will stand by them.  My offices and I are ready to help you secure any federal benefits to which you are entitled.  I also encourage you to take full advantage of benefits at the state level.”
Anyone with questions regarding federal unemployment benefits, federal job corps services or other unemployment related issues can call Congressman Larson’s district staff at (860)278-8888.
*******
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com