September 8, 2008

Lots of secrets, not much in public... yet

There are a dwindling number of bored people here in the City Council chamber waiting for the council to stop yacking behind closed doors and let us in on whatever's going on.
It's hard for me to type at the moment because my mouse isn't working -- I can never get the hang of the little pad on the laptop keyboard -- so I won't get into it much, but there was some talk among councilors of what they do in executive session. But in the end they all voted to go into secret session.
So there's a room full of people talking about this and that while the real business of government happens away from view. It's legal, but not necessarily wise.
More later, when I know something.

*******
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: