October 21, 2009

Closing comments at the council debate

First off, apologies for typos in the mad rush to type last night. I'm not going to take the time to fix them all.
Here is Derek Czenczelewski's closing statement, taken from his Facebook page:

I want to thank the Chamber of Commerce and my opponents for making tonight possible. I’d also like to thank Mike Schroeder for moderating and for saving our local newspaper! Lastly, I’d like to thank all of you for coming out tonight.My family can attest to the fact that I’m relentless, and I’ll continue to hammer away at whatever my goal is until it is accomplished. This trait, good or bad, is one that I will bring to our local government here in Bristol. I have many goals for Bristol, and I will not rest until they are all accomplished.I’m a young guy, I don’t have 30 years of experience in politics, but I have a strong education from UConn, a background in Urban Studies, Political Science, Communications and Sports Promotions. I have gained leadership experience from my time in college and at ESPN. I’ve been an active volunteer in the community as well.My decision to run was one made nearly 5 years ago. I’m now ready to execute my decision, but I need your support to make our goal of bettering Bristol a reality.I’d like to leave you with the words of Teddy Roosevelt, who said “"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." In downtown Bristol we did the wrong thing in tearing down our historic presence for a mall. And in the years since we acquired the property and tore down the mall, we have done nothing. Now is the time to do the right thing, and if elected, I promise to do just that.

If any other candidates have their comments typed up, I'd be happy to post them.

*******
Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.
Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: