June 7, 2007

Lydem formally enters council race in 2nd

Democratic City Council contender Bruce Lydem sent in this press release today:

Today, lifelong Bristol Resident Bruce Lydem filed papers to run for City Council in Bristol’s 2nd District.

“I am running for City Council in the 2nd District because we need more economic development, especially in downtown, state of the art schools for our children and lower taxes,” Lydem said.

Bruce was born and raised in Bristol. After his wife, Linda, and three children, Michael, Justin and Melanie, Bruce’s greatest passion is the City of Bristol. “As a kid, growing up in Bristol, I remember the many good times I had at Muzzy Field, Rockwell Park and as a student at Bristol Central High School. I want to ensure that the families in Bristol continue to create long lasting memories and enjoy a high quality of life,” says Lydem.

Bruce is excited about his race for City Council and looks forward to meeting and talking to voters soon.
“I believe in Bristol because I am a product of this community.” “I believe I can be a positive force for Bristol on the City Council and I look forward to talking with old friends and meeting new ones to share my vision for the District and our City,” said Lydem.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce Lydem is a great guy and will be a huge asset to the Democrats. Good Luck Bruce!

Anonymous said...

I say good luck to Bruce Lydem for running! I surely will vote for you because I want a "Voice" on the council for my district. For the last 1 1/2 years McCauley sat there saying nothing unless he recieved his scripts from Zoppo. She sat there paving her own way towards running for Mayor, and getting "her pet projects" in the works. Her concerns were more for her and not what was best for Bristol. When I vote for Mayor I will be voting for a Mayor that can work with people regardless of party affiliations. Who opens the doors with open communication, who welcomes new ideas, and does not have the "My way or highway" syndrome. Good luck Bruce, Ward and Joe G. you all have my votes!!!!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

And Bruce is a real man who would never accept a "script!"
He can speak his own mind!
Good luck Bruce - you have my vote.

David Bryant

Anonymous said...

As a registered independent who usually votes republican I support Bruce Lydem for city council in the 2nd district. I am tired of partisan politics in this city. We need fresh blood. Lydem is a working class guy, who is honest and works hard. He is a good family man with deep roots in our city. He would be a great councilman and I support him wholeheartdily.

Anonymous said...

I am lucky to know Bruce Lydem on a personal level, not only as a coworker but also a friend. Bristol is lucky to have a man with his integrity running for City Council. He has a big heart, a strong work ethic and an unwavering loyalty to his family and to the people of Bristol. He has my full support. Best Wishes Bruce!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, Honest, sincere well meaning people are exactly the kind of candidate the present administration does NOT want in the political arena.
I don't know you Bruce, and I hope you haven't compromised your integrity or your IDENTITY to gain yourself a seat at the table. I wonder if you know what it is your getting yourself into.

GR Virginia Cahill