June 7, 2007

Couture: No to Letizia

Former Mayor Gerard Couture said he's not sorry he threatened to punch ex-city Finance Chairman John Letizia nine years ago, an event that precipitated Letizia to leave the the panel.
At the time, Letizia said the only reason he did not pursue criminal charges against Couture was because of "the love and respect I have for my sister and brother‑in‑law."
Couture said Thursday that his brother married Letizia's sister "so I'm not a relative" of the former finance chief, who is eyeing a run for treasurer.
But he scoffed at Letizia's talk of "love and respect" for his sister and brother-in-law.
"He hasn't spoken to his sister or my brother since then," Couture said. "If he loves his sister so much, he should visit her once in awhile."
He said that Letizia hasn't spoken to another of his sisters in 20 years.
"The only person John Letizia loves is himself," Couture said.
I don't think I'm going out on a limb to guess that Letizia won't be breaking his long silence with Couture anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If my child threatened to punch another student, he would be tagged as a bully. Couture, you are a bully and very immature. Your response to Mr. Letizia is more personal and reveals too many family fact dynamics then we all need to know. I have family members I do not speak to and out of respect for them and the rest of my family, I would never want to cause harm to any of them. You should seek anger managment help.