May 22, 2013

Welch calls for state to help laid-off ESPN workers

State Sen. Jason Welch, a Bristol Republican, sent out this letter today regarding the ESPN layoffs:

May 22, 2013

Commissioner Sharon Palmer
Connecticut Department of Labor
200 Folly Brook Blvd.
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Dear Commissioner Palmer,

As you know, ESPN announced today that they will be laying-off employees in areas and job descriptions "across the board," according to spokesman Mike Soltys.  I understand that the reduction will also include positions eliminated by attrition.

As one of the State Senators representing the city of Bristol, I am requesting that you immediately dispatch your Rapid Response Team to address the needs of the displaced workers as a result of the layoffs.

In addition, I would like my office to be notified of any meetings taking place between ESPN and the Department of Labor so that I can participate in helping those who will be losing their employment.

I am hopeful that we can work together to help re-locate these workers in new jobs as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance for you or your office.

Sincerely,

Jason Welch
State Senator, Bristol

Copyright 2013 All rights reserved. Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: