November 16, 2013

RIP, Susie Parker

Susie Parker, the wife of former city Councilor Terry Parker, died this morning.
Parker posted on Facebook that "Susie, my wife for 29 and a half years, pass away around 2:30 a.m.. She is at peace and without pain. She is the love of my wife and my best friend. May she rest in peace. Prayers for me and my family will be much appreciated."
Susie Parker worked in the city assessor's office for many years before her retirement last year. She had been ill for months.
Terry Parker is one of the few politicians who had the respect of everybody in the city's political world, a gentle man who made no secret of his love for his wife of nearly three decades.
He opted not to run for a council seat this year in large part because he wanted to spend every possible minute with Susie.

Copyright 2013 All rights reserved. Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: