May 18, 2007

Ward vows to be on November ballot

So I phone city Councilor Art Ward this morning to find out what he thinks about the latest mayoral news.
"Hey, I'm reading your blog right now," he answers.
Oh, boy.
So it's been discovered. I knew it had to happen.
For those who wonder, I don't know if it will keep going or not. Some of that is my choice and some of it will be my editor's decision. I only have so many hours to devote to work each week and my hope was that this blog could be done usefully on less than 15 minutes a day. I think it may work out, but we'll see.
Anyway, Ward said that Ken Johnson is "a good guy."
But, he said, with Johnson's leap into the race, “I guess it means that he’s not going to be at my pasta fundraiser.”
Ward semi-dodged the other question about the campaign: whether he'll run as an independent if he doesn't win the Democratic mayoral primary.
“My intentions are to be on the ballot in November,” Ward said. “Basically, I fully intend to be a candidate on the ballot as a choice for the voters in the November ballot.”
“I believe I still represent the view of a majority of Democrats in Bristol and I will carry that forward,” Ward said.
I'm pretty sure that means he's running as an unaffiliated candidate if city Councilor Ellen Zoppo beats him in the Democratic primary. But feel free to interpret it differently if you like.

No comments: