May 22, 2007

Patti Ewen is NOT running again

Honestly, I can't remember if I mentioned in my story for Tuesday's paper that City Treasurer Patti Ewen was seeking re-election. But I certainly thought she was.
I heard her start talking as I bolted from the Democratic meeting to reach the Republicans.
And I committed a journalistic sin: I assumed she was running for re-election.
It turns out, though, that Ewen is not going to run for another term as the city's part-time treasurer. I hope my mistake didn't get in print.
In any case, Ewen's held the post for a long time, generally garnering high marks. Her absence at City Hall will make a difference.

1 comment:

Steve Collins said...

Just looked at the story I wrote all too quickly this evening. I didn't mention Ewen. Whew... I know people say that reporters get things wrong all the time, but it's not true. I hate making mistakes. It happens, yes, but it remains a sickening feeling to get something flat out wrong.