May 11, 2007

Emails tell the tale in Democratic mayoral fight

From Patti Ewen, city treasurer, to City Councilor Art Ward (cc'd to Councilor Ellen Zoppo)
Sent: Thu, 10 May 2007 8:49 AM
Subject: Elections
Last winter while I was in Florida, I informed Ellen and you that I was remaining uncommitted until a later date. I know you both well, have worked with you both for a very long time. I consider you both hard workers dedicated to Bristol's future. I have made the terribly difficult decision. I will support Ellen on endorsement night. I wish you well. I hope we conduct an admirable campaign that leads to a Democratic Mayor. We need no more terms like the present regime. And thanks for standing up for Jonathan.......p

From Ward to Ewen
On May 10, 2007, at 9:30 AM
That's the process

From Zoppo to Ewen (mistakenly sent to Ward)
May 10, 2007 4:56:08 PM
Subject: Re: Elections
Patti,
Thank you for your endorsement.
Ellen

From Ward to Zoppo
On May 10, 2007, at 9:33 PM
Ellen, is there a reason that I need to be E-mailed on your gratitude for Patti Ewen's endorsement, other than a gloating factor, but that the whole DTC shouldn't be?
I respect Ms. Ewen's decision, even though no reasons were stated to substantiate it, but Patti asked that we formulate an admirable campaign - your actions are less than positive in attempting to achieve that request.
I would suggest that if you are contemplating announcing your candidacy for seeking the office of mayor in the 2007 election cycle, that you stand up now and announce that fact rather than victimize people by your utilization of procrastination and less than credible methods, which are solely for your own political benefit. .
The issues are obvious, you just need to decide if you are going to run as a Democrat, an unaffililiated voter or, based upon your actions over the past 1 1/2 years, opt to serve as a Republican.
The voters have a right to know..

From Zoppo to Ward
On May 10, 2007, at 9:57 PM
Dear Art,
I am sorry you were offended by my thank you to Patti...as she had addressed the original e-mail to you and cc'ed me, I had hit reply which sent it to you as opposed to her, prior to leaving my house for the Historical Society annual dinner tonight. My apologies.
Ellen

No comments: