June 12, 2013

Mills to seek third term on City Council

Republican city Councilor David Mills just issued this statement:

After much deliberation, I have decided to seek another term as City Councilman for the Third District. My time on the Council has offered me the opportunity to successfully present my thoughts on many issues over the past four years .However, much remains to be done and I plan to utilize the experience I gained to see these issues through.
The implementation of a Marketing and Branding plan for the city has been in the works for over a year and should be ready this fall. Energy programs that will save the city money will finally become a reality, including a street light program I suggested two years ago ,the Memorial Boulevard School plan needs to be completed, Pay as you Throw at the transfer station, a comprehensive ,long term plan for playing fields must be developed, a kindergarten readiness program that will help students and the city. These will be my priority for the next term.
Four years ago, I made the decision to run for public office with zero experience in politics. My focus , as a retired citizen, was to base all decisions on “What is best for Bristol?” I did not have political aspirations to “Move to the next level” Hopefully, the citizens of Bristol will appreciate my record of action and vote to return me to the position of City Councilman.

Copyright 2013 All rights reserved. Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: