March 15, 2013

Weber opts out of City Council race

Republican Brock Weber, who considered running for City Council, has decided to stay out of the race. In a post on the Bristol Republicans Facebook page, he wrote this:

Friends - 
After much thought and consideration, I have decided to not seek the Republican nomination for City Council in Bristol's Second Council District in this year’s upcoming election. Though I would have loved to wage a campaign fighting for our common conservative beliefs, new found time constraints, would have made any such effort remarkably difficult to pursue and maintain. I sincerely appreciate the great outpouring of support from all of you during my exploratory process; your staunch commitment to common sense conservatism and encouragement of my potential candidacy was overwhelming and for that I am truly grateful. I hope you will join me in supporting common sense conservative candidates in the upcoming election.
Brock L. Weber

Copyright 2013. All rights reserved. Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: