September 28, 2012

Fitzgerald seeks votes, support for House bid

Republican Jill Fitzgerald, a candidate for the state House in the 77th District, released this open letter today:

To my fellow Bristol residents:
Jill Fitzgerald
I am running again for State Representative because I continue to believe that we need more relevant and proactive representation than we have been getting. This is a very ambitious undertaking since I have a full time job as legislative aide to Senator Welch in addition to my own part-time bookkeeping business, and I take my service to the Board of Education and my family very seriously.
When I accepted the nomination, I did so with the understanding that I would step aside if someone else came forward, because I was concerned that I could not run as aggressive a campaign as I would want to. But that was not to be, and I stand as the committed candidate running against Chris Wright.
I offer the people of Northeast Bristol a very clear choice for representation in our state legislature. I have had the privilege of working here in the legislature since the beginning of 2010. This experience has led me to understand how essential it is for us to have more balanced representation. We cannot continue to justify the implementation of policies that put our financial future and public safety at risk.
I have chosen not to participate in the public campaign financing, so I am maintaining a very low-budget campaign. I will work at getting my message out to the best of my ability, and I will not neglect my other roles that were previously mentioned. (I think this is how all campaigns should be run).
If I am elected, I will leave my full-time position and serve my constituents whole-heartedly. I need your vote and your support to make this happen. I look forward to discussing where I stand on issues with anyone who is interested. You may email me at Jilltfitz@gmail.com.
Sincerely, Jill Fitzgerald

Copyright 2012. All rights reserved. Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: