October 29, 2014

Mailings turn negative in Senate race's final days (Updated at 11 a.m.)

I've asked both candidates in the 31st District state Senate race about these mailers, which I won't characterize except to say that many of the people receiving them have told me they are offensive.
I don't know who started it. I only know these exist.
I flipped a coin to see whose mailers would be posted first, but the order means nothing. You can click on the images to see a larger version.
First, here's one that the Republicans sent out about Democratic contender Rob Michalik:





And here are a couple from Michalik's campaign about Republican contender Henri Martin:


And in black and white:



And this one:


And in black and white:



If anyone can provide me with better copies, I'd love to have them. I asked the campaigns to send me copies as well.
Anybody who's interested in expressing their opinion of them for a news story, feel free to send me a note at scollins@bristolpress.com. Be sure to include your name and let me know if you're connected to the political world somehow.
Update at 10:30 a.m.: Martin sent along a half dozen copies of mailings his campaign has used. Here they are.

Copyright 2014 All rights reserved. Contact Steve Collins at scollins@bristolpress.com

No comments: